Massage therapy is good for the body and soul. If you’re physically active, a massage can improve your athletic performance and reduce pain. Many people benefit from the positive physiological and emotional effects of a massage session. Muscles, tendons — your whole body — need regular maintenance. Here’s how your body tells you it needs a massage:
1. Neck, shoulder, or back pain. This is often a physical signal that something is wrong. Perhaps you’ve been overworking lately and your body is trying to tell you to relax. Before the pain worsens, contact a registered massage therapist (RMT) and schedule a massage.
2. Difficulty sleeping. Massage helps your body relax and promotes a good sleep.
3. Stress. Stress can feel overwhelming. It can leave you drained and tired. A good massage can reduce stress hormones and release endorphins that make you feel good. For relaxation, contact a massage therapy centre near you.
4. It’s been a while. If you can’t remember the last time you had a massage then it is time to schedule one. Most massage therapists recommend getting a massage at least once a month for regular physical care.
5. Headaches. When the muscles around your shoulders, head, and back get tight, tension headaches can result. A massage aids in relieving tension.
6. Physical activity. Whether you’re a marathon runner, a member of a sports team, or a casual gym goer, your body is challenged. Relax your muscles so you can perform better. A regular massage session can also help heal injuries.
Massage can improve how you feel and quality of life. If you’ve been suffering from chronic pain or extreme headaches, contact Oriole Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre at (416) 221-0772 and book an appointment with one of our qualified RMTs.